Saturday 14 July 2012

On Location, 12th July 2012

Last Thursday I drew and painted this from the shady garden of the covent above Koroni.




Thursday ‘on location’ sessions always begin with a ‘warm-up’ sketch.  Each week we use one of several techniques designed in part to try to alter the mind from one that wants to draw what it knows into one that draws what it sees but also to repress any latent inhibitions concerning personal ability.
Last Thursday’s session began with a ‘wrong hand’, in my case my left hand, portrait sketch of whoever was opposite.  Gill was very nice about my representation of her, she is still talking to me!  In the flesh Gill is attractive and at least thirty years younger than my drawing might suggest!
The location, a tranquil Convent garden on a bluff above Koroni, a local old fishing village which now, inevitably relies more on tourism than fishing for income.  Be that as it may, Koroni is still a very pretty and agreeable place to be. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a stunner! Great drawing John - I love it - Gill x

    ReplyDelete